Many of you may know Shirley Redekop. She has led TourMagination tours on her own and with her husband Fred. Shirley recently approached us about putting together a women’s tour. As President of Mennonite Women Canada, Shirley is passionate about helping women connect.
This 9-day intergenerational women’s tour is for Mennonite women from across Canada and the USA.
Here’s the scoop:
- Visit with Christians who are helping Tanzanian children at a school supported by a monastery and a unique community library started by a Canadian Mennonite.
- Learn about the Maasai way of life in a traditional village.
- Buy unique crafts at a local market and a social enterprise for people with disabilities.
- Interact with local Mennonite congregations and/or women’s groups.
- See elephants, lions, giraffes, monkeys, zebras and other wildlife plus a large assortment of colourful birds on two safaris.
Tour includes opportunities to share your skills and stories with local women through “wisdom exchanges.” You can also participate in a fundraising project that will benefit Tanzanian women. During the tour, deepen relationships with fellow travellers and foster connections with Tanzanians. Grow in your faith in Christ as you pray, worship, and reflect.
Tour dates will be chosen and an itinerary finalized when a minimum of 15 women express interest.
Please contact TourMagination by June 30, 2017 at email@example.com or 1-800-565-0451 if you want to come along.