- How do I reserve a place on a tour?
- What is the final date for registering?
- Can I receive additional information specific to my tour of interest?
- What is the minimum number of participants for a tour to proceed?
- What is the typical size of a TourMagination tour group?
- What is the maximum number of participants on a tour?
- What is the payment schedule for my tour?
- Is your tour pricing guaranteed?
- What is usually included in the tour price?
- What is usually NOT included in the tour price?
- What documents do I require when I travel internationally and domestically?
- If tourist visas are required, does TourMagination provide assistance?
- Will TourMagination keep my personal information confidential?
- Can you help me arrange flights or do I need to do that myself?
- What physical abilities are needed to participate on tour?
- Do you accommodate dietary restrictions?
- What standard of hotel can I expect on tour?
- What if I need to cancel my tour?
- What happens if TourMagination cancels my tour?
- Do I need trip cancellation, tour interruption, and emergency medical insurance?
- Is it safe to travel to the Holy Land, Russia/Ukraine, Turkey and other conflicted areas around the world?
- TOURMAGINATION’S RESPONSIBILITIES TO OUR TRAVELLERS
- Will the itinerary change after I have registered for a tour?
- What if the itinerary changes while the tour is in progress?
- Liability – THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS
While every effort will be made to accommodate last-minute sign-ups, the dangers of waiting to register for a tour include:
• The tour may be fully subscribed
• Costs could increase if you sign up less than 90 days before a tour begins
• You may not be able to stay at the same hotels as the rest of the group
• It may be difficult or impossible to secure flights, particularly when visiting locations that have limited airline service
• A tourist visa may be unattainable or at the least very expensive if expedited
It is particularly important to register promptly for a cruise—they fill up fast and the least expensive staterooms are the first to go. One year in advance is not too soon to register for a cruise—especially if it is a niche river cruise such as a European Christmas Markets Cruise (boat size is limited).
All arrangements are subject to availability at time of booking.
Heritage tours usually range from 25 to 30 people. Specialty tours to places like Antarctica, Iceland, Amazon/Galapagos, or countries in Africa tend to be closer to 15 or 20 people. Our Holy Land Tour groups are usually 15-25 people.
Custom tour groups can be any size.
TourMagination makes every effort to maintain the prices as established. However, all prices are based on exchange rates, airfares, airline surcharges and taxes, and land costs at the time of tour development. For this reason, pricing may be subject to increase prior to the time of final payment.
Prices are guaranteed when paid in full.
Where the increase in price is greater than 7% of the price of the applicable tour (except if the price increase is a result of increased government taxes), the affected client(s) may elect to either:
• cancel the applicable tour without incurring any penalty; or
• accept the change of price
All transportation noted in the tour itinerary, expert tour leaders and/or storytellers, local guides, coach driver, accommodations, meals as specified in the tour itinerary, entrance fees for sites listed in the itinerary, and gratuities are usually included. Please see specific tour postings for detailed lists what is included.
A valid passport is required for all international travel and must be valid for at least six months after the scheduled return of the tour. Domestic tours that cross the U.S.-Canada border also require a passport for identification.
Yes, we will contact you when its time to start the visa process and provide the assistance you require. It is critical that you follow through as instructed in order to secure your visa. Without the proper visa you will not be able to travel on the tour. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible if travellers do not take the necessary steps to obtain a visa. Obtaining and carrying these documents is the traveller’s sole responsibility.
Any personal information we receive from you, such as health information, passport details, credit card information, or contact information, will be kept confidential. We only share this information with appropriate suppliers when it is needed on your tour, or with your permission.
We also share contact information between tour members prior to the start of a tour; if you would prefer that your information not be shared with your fellow tour participants, please let us know and we will accommodate your request.
As tour members originate from different cities, we do not include international airfares in most of our tour fares. For expert assistance with flight reservations, please contact our preferred agent Michael Kroeker with Bonaventure Travel. He would be pleased to help you book flights from your home area.
1-888-550-8998 ext 128
DIRECT: 204 594 7608
While we want to include as many people as possible on our tours, some tours may not be well suited for people with physical limitations. Cruises are often the best option for people with limited mobility, optional excursions usually include accessible options. To help you determine the suitability of a tour, please review the activity level rating for each tour.
See our TOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL GUIDELINES.
TourMagination notes any dietary needs and ensures appropriate food will be available for the meals included in the tour. While much of this is out of our control, we will do all that is possible for you to maintain your specific diet requirements. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
TourMagination chooses quality accommodation to ensure good service, cleanliness, and comfort wherever we travel. In more remote areas, hotels may have slightly lower standards than in major centers.
Accommodation in hotels is in standard rooms with twin beds or a double bed unless otherwise stated.
Except for a $300 administration fee per person, a full refund will be made for written cancellations received by TourMagination at least 121 days prior to the date on which you are to commence travel. Tour members who cancel after that date for any reason, including medical reasons, are subject to the following cancellation fees:
• 120-90 days prior to departure: 75% of the total tour cost
• less than 90 days prior to departure: 100% of the total tour cost
If TourMagination cancels a tour, participants are fully refunded. If you should be on tour when such an action is required due to safety concerns, TourMagination will seek the services of the embassies in each country along with our land agents, and participants will be refunded the portion of the tour that was not completed.
TourMagination strongly recommends purchasing Trip Cancellation and Interruption and Emergency Medical Insurance. Insurance for Canadian travellers is available through Manulife Insurance and American travellers through CSA Travel Protection. Or you may contact our office by phone or email for an insurance quote and/or purchase. TourMagination’s cancellation policy applies even if you decide not to purchase travel insurance.
Safety of tour members is of utmost importance to TourMagination. The situation globally is constantly changing. We monitor the political world situation on a regular basis in communication with our land agents as well as following “Travel Advisories.” For most of our tours TourMagination registers all participants with the Canadian and/or USA embassies before departure so they are aware of our travel dates. If a destination is unsafe, TourMagination will either cancel the tour or revise the tour itinerary to ensure the safety of our travellers. If you are concerned about a particular destination, please contact us and we would be pleased to speak with you further.
Read blog post, Will it be Safe to Travel to Ukraine and Russia, by tour leader Len Friesen. Tour leader Nelson Kraybill addresses travel safety in the Holy Land and beyond.
The listed tour programs are operated by TourMagination. In common with other companies, TourMagination acts only as an agent for tour members in arranging room accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, admissions and restaurants. TourMagination reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the itinerary and is not responsible for expenses, loss of time, money or other incidents resulting from a change of tour scheduling made for tour members.
TourMagination is not responsible for any losses or damages of personal property, injuries or unforeseen expenses incurred by any tour member.
Reasonable changes in the itinerary of any tour may be made where deemed necessary or advisable for operational reasons by TourMagination, in its sole discretion. TourMagination will not be responsible for expenses or other incidents resulting from the tour change. TourMagination clients acknowledge the changing nature of travel and are responsible for keeping up to date on the details of their travel. If TourMagination makes a significant change (defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the tour), TourMagination will inform the client(s) booked on the tour of any significant change as soon as possible.
If a significant change is made more than 30 days prior to departure, the affected client(s) may elect to:
• accept the change and proceed with the amended tour;
• book another TM tour, if available (client(s) shall be responsible for paying any difference in price between the amended tour and the tour booked in its place);
• cancel and receive a full refund of all monies paid in respect of the land-only portion of the applicable tour.
Once a tour has departed, TourMagination may make necessary changes to the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances or for other reasons related to the safety or comfort of travellers. These changes will be made at the sole discretion of TourMagination staff. TourMagination will not be liable for any indirect and/or consequential losses associated with any changes to a tour’s itinerary.
TourMagination makes arrangements with accommodation providers, activity providers, airlines, cruise lines, coach companies, transfer operators, tour and local guides, and other independent parties (“Third Party Suppliers”) to provide you with the travel services which form your tour. Although TM takes great care in selecting Third Party Suppliers, TM is unable to control Third Party Suppliers and therefore cannot be responsible for their acts or omissions. Client(s) acknowledges that Third Party Suppliers operate in compliance with the applicable laws of the countries in which they operate.